Saturday, December 9, 2017

Comments on Fall 2017 RYLA


Here's Michael and some of the attendees at RYLA. We asked some of the attendees to comment on their RYLA experience and here are their unedited comments.

C
I had an amazing experience at RYLA and I learned a lot of things about myself and about being a leader. I learned that there are different types of leaders but all leaders share similar qualities such as passion, confidence, communication skills and determination. I was able to see myself as a leader and that I was valued and appreciated by others. All the participants and all the facilitators were very supportive and encouraging. Whenever I spoke about things I cared about, there were always people there listening who actually wanted to hear what I had to say. I plan to volunteer more at places like the Bridgeport Rescue Mission and Homes for the Brave where there are many people who need help and are just outside of my community. I also plan on getting my Interact Club to think about what we can do to make a positive impact on the Bridgeport community who do not have as many resources as we do, but are very close to our town.  

E
I had a positive experience at the RYLA conference and met a lot of new people, most of whom I am still in contact with. The activities that we did pushed me out of my comfort zone and encouraged me to think differently and see some different perspectives. I would like to become more involved with my school's Interact club and work on more projects. 

D
The RYLA event was amazing. What I learned from this event was one major thing for me, not speaking well in front of people, this had pushed my limits and made me speak. I had become so relaxed and knew many people, I was not afraid of speaking. One thing I learned was talk to someone, by that I mean just have a nice, simple conversation with the person, it could brighten up their day. Help others as much as you possibly can. Never judge anyone. My current plan is to get more involved in my Interact Club as much as I can to help others. Also I am really sorry this email is super late, Truly sorry.
Thank you.

R
My experience at Fall 2017 RYLA definitely changed my life and helped me grow as a person. RYLA truly opened my eyes to the hardships suffered in our community, and allowed me to become understanding of everyone, regardless of background or situation. RYLA touched my life and the lives of others forever and I will never forget the experience.

J
My experience at Fall 2017 RYLA was one I will never forget. First I learned of the qualities of a good leader and how to apply these skills to my community. As a result I am more confident, have a better understanding of others and of course more leadership skills. After RYLA I'm definitely a changed person and wouldn't give up this experience for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment